Summer has officially arrived and that means travel, getaways, lazy days by the pool or maybe just kicking back in the air conditioned comfort of your home. Whether traveling by plane, train or automobile, doing a vacation or stay-cation, there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy a good book.
After you enjoy these fun facts about summer, visit me on Facebook and comment for a chance to win a digital copy of The Code Breakers Regency Romantic Suspense Series boxed set. The winner will be announced Friday.
- In the U.S., over 650 million long-distance summer trips are made during summer.
- The top 5 most popular summer vacations are 1) beach/ocean (45%), 2) a famous city (42%), 3) national parks (21%), 4) a lake (17%), and 5) a resort (14%).
- According to the U.S Travel Association, 1.7 billion U.S. residents logged a summer vacation in 2014, adding to the $2.1 trillion of economic output generated by America’s tourism industry.
- One in nine U.S jobs depend on travel and tourism, making it the seventh largest private employment sector.
- $644.9 billion was spent on leisure travel in 2014.